Aadhar Card and Pan Card Link Process, Last Date, Dead Line
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India. It serves as proof of identity and address and is mandatory for availing of various government schemes and benefits. While PAN (Permanent Account Number) is a 10-digit unique identification number issued by the Income Tax Department of India to individuals and entities. PAN card is primarily used for tracking the financial transactions of an individual or entity, such as tax payments, investments, and returns.
Linking Aadhaar and PAN card is now mandatory for all taxpayers in India. The government has made it mandatory to link these two documents to prevent tax evasion and ensure that taxpayers are filing accurate tax returns. The deadline to link Aadhaar with PAN card has been extended several times by the Indian government. So, all taxpayers are required to link their Aadhar with their PAN card before 30 June 2023. If the Aadhar is not linked with the PAN card till 30 June 2023, then the unlinked PAN card will stop functioning as of 1 July 2023.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card Online Step by step:
- Step 1: Visit the official income tax e-filing website
- Visit the official income tax e-filing website – www.incometax.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on “Link Aadhaar” option
- On the homepage, click on the “Link Aadhaar” option under the “Quick Links” section.
- Step 3: Enter necessary details
- On the next page, you need to enter your PAN card number, Aadhaar number, and your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card. These details should be enter with utmost care because if there is a mistake in entering the details, then problems may arise in the future.
- Step 4: Verification of details
- After entering the details, click on the “Submit” button. The system will verify the details entered with the details available with the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). If the details match, a message will be displayed confirming the linking of your Aadhaar with PAN card.
- Step 5: PAN Aadhaar link by SMS
- Alternatively, you can also link Aadhaar with PAN card through SMS. To do this, send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format “UIDPAN (space) Aadhaar number (space) PAN number”. For example, if your Aadhaar number is 123456789012 and your PAN card number is ABCDE1234F, then you need to send an SMS in the following format: UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234F.
- Step 6: PAN Aadhaar link status
- You can check the status of your Aadhaar and PAN card linking by visiting the official e-filing website or through the NSDL website. You can also check the status by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format “UIDPAN (space) Aadhaar number (space) PAN number”.
Various Methods for Linking Aadhaar with PAN Card:
- PAN Aadhar link through e-filing website: This is the most convenient and hassle-free method for linking your Aadhaar and PAN card. Follow the above-mentioned steps to complete the process.
- PAN Aadhar link through NSDL: Visit the NSDL website and click on the “Link Aadhaar” option. Enter your PAN card number, Aadhaar number, and your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card. After verifying the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Aadhaar card PAN card link apps: There are various mobile apps available for linking your Aadhaar and PAN card. Download any of these apps, enter the required details and complete the process.
You can check the status of your Aadhaar and PAN card linking by visiting the official e-filing website or through the NSDL website. You can also check the status by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format “UIDPAN (space) Aadhaar number (space) PAN number”.
In conclusion, linking your Aadhaar and PAN card is a simple process that can be completed online. By linking these two documents, you ensure that your income tax returns are processed smoothly and without any issues. So, follow the above-mentioned steps and complete the process of linking your Aadhaar and PAN card today.
Connecting your Aadhaar with your PAN card is not just a procedural formality; it’s a financial imperative in India. The process is user-friendly and can be completed conveniently online. To evade the last-minute rush, possible penalties, and any associated inconveniences, it is recommended to complete the Aadhaar-PAN linkage well in advance of the deadline. Staying updated regarding the latest deadline is essential to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to enjoy seamless financial transactions and benefits.