1. Rice, on aerobic condition, requires less water as compared with that grown with conventional irrigation.
2. Aerobic rice, basically managed like wheat or maize crops, is used to be grown under un-puddled, non saturated, well drained rainfed bunded upland or medium land conditions.
3. To reap a bountiful harvest in aerobic rice, both suitable variety as well as improved management needs to be adopted concurrent!
• 60 kg n, 30 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during kharif season rabi - 80-90 kg n, 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during dry season
• Kasturi, ranbir basmati and iet 8579(gitanjali, pusa basmati 1, pusa sugandh 2, pusa sugandh 4, ketakijoha)
• Ensure 33 -50 hills/m2. July planting in kharif (wet) and january /february in rabi(dry). Transplanting 27% superior to direct seeding.
1. Rice-groundnut(r 8808,icgs11,drg12,npg22),
2. Rice-mustard(pusa bold, m27, tlc2 and toria)
3. Rice - bhindi( hybrids)
4. Rice - cucumber ( hybrids)
5. Rice - watermelon ( sugar baby)
6. Rice - wheat
7. Rice - maize
8. Rice - sweet potato
9. Rice - potato - sesamum
Fertilizer management :
• Kharif - 60-75 kg n/ha in 50:50 (fym : urea) was comparable to three splits of prilled urea along with 40 kg each of p2o5 and k2o/ha
• Rabi - 90-100 kg n with 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha application of n in three splits ( 50%basal, 25% at active tillering and the rest 25% at panicle initiation)
Weed management :
• Pre-emergence application of butachlor (1kg ai./ha),thiobencarb(1 kg ai /ha) pretilachlor+ safner at 0.4 kg a.i./ha anilofos at 0.6 kg a.i
• Kharif - Gayatri, Savitri,Dharitri
• Rabi - Annada, ratna, ir 36, udaya, cr 749-20-2, gautam.
Stand establishment ( planting):
• Kharif - july with 20 x 15 cm spacing
• Rabi - january with 15 x10 cm spacing
1. Rice +sesamum / mungbean
2. Rice + jute
3. Rice - lentil(at utera) with 50% higher seed rate than normal for lentil
4. Rice + fodder maize- linseed
5. Rice +fish (provided fish can be closed)
6. Sugarcane may also be profitably grown using cos 8118 variety in place of rice
Jaladhi-1, jaladhi -2, jalnidhi , jalmagna , jalpriya ,barh awarodhi , sudha, janaki , vaidehi(for bihar)
Stand establishment :
• Direct seeding during second fortnight of may in orissa but in march itself in other parts like bihar and assam, at 20 cm row spacing with a seed rate of 80 - 100 kg/ha (400-600 seedling/m2)
Fertilizer Management: 40 Kg N/Ha All Basal
1. Furrow placement of all the npk with fym (5 t/ha) at sowing proved the best
(40: 20:20 kg n: p2o5:k2o/ha).
2. Foliage pruning
3. To prevent lodging and fodder supply.
4. Once at 80-95 or 110-125 days after germination in variety cn 573-321-7-1
• Nalini,matangini, panidhan , lunishree
Stand establishment :
• Sowing during second fortnight of may using 400
seeds/m2 (80 kg/ha)
• Planting with clonal tillers/ aged seedlings
Weed control :
• Removal of wild rice ipomoea raptance (kalam) and gadgad, manually.
• Off-season tillage/summer ploughing,
• Application of butachlor @ 2 kg and thiobencarb @ 2 kg a.i./ha at first shower after seeding.