Annada / CR 143-2-2 Release & notification:
Breeder: Dr. K. Prasad
Ecology: Aerobic & semi-aerobic uplands
Area of adaptability: Orissa
Special feature: Semi-dwarf, duration 75 days, long bold grain, resistant to stink bug (rice bug) and rice tungro, suitable for multiple-cropping, average yield 2.0-2.5
1. In this that water saving would be in the range of 35-40% while curtailing conventional irrigation water requirement of 1700-1800 mm (application efficiency 35-38%) to 1000-1200 mm (application efficiency 40-45%) in aerobic rice: that results in water productivity of 0.45-0.55 g grain'' liter of applied water compared with 0.25-0.30 g grain/ liter of applied water in conventional system
1. Grow a suitable non rice crop after growing aerobic rice in two successive seasons,
2. Grow groundnut, cowpea or green gram during dry season at alternate year in sequence with dry season-wet season aerobic rice system, or growing them at 2 years' interval in sequence with dry season aerobic rice alone.
3. Apply Curbofuran 3G at 33 kg/ha as precautionary measures against rice root -knot nematode (Meloidogyne graminicola), the most prevalent disease.
1. The optimum soil water condition would be maintained around field capacity (30-40 kPa'' 0.3-04 bar soil moisture potential) across the growth stages.
2. Apply irrigation upon visible symptom of developing hair cracks on surface soil, or initiation of tip rolling of first top leaves,
3. Irrigation, applied at this stage attaining the condition of saturated soil moisture regime.
4. Usually, scheduling irrigation at 5-7 days interval may supplement the optimum water requirement in aerobic ric
1. For N application, use Leaf Colour Chart (LCC)
2. Apply N (Urea) at 20 kg /ha 12 days after crop emergence.
3. Apply 30 kg N/ha at each critical stage of N deficiency as indicated by LCC (scale 4),
4. Apply SSP and MOP, each at 60 kg/ha at sowing.
5. Apply ZnS04 at 20 kg/ha and FeSCi at 30 kg/ha at sowing in deficient soil or upon their deficiency at later stage.
1. Use finger weeder / hand racker, preferably in moist soil after irrigation to keep soil loosen by reducing soil compaction in addition to nip newer weed Hash.
2. Two manual weeding at 3 and 5 weeks* crop growth stage,
3. Alternately, applying pre-emergence herbicide, e.g., Pretilachlor at 1.0 lit/ha within 2-3 days of sowing followed by manual weeding at 5 weeks growth stage
1. Off-season/ summer ploughing at least one month before final land preparation,
2. Seed rate - 40-50 kg/ha , depth of sowing- 2-3 cm. spacing - 15 X 20 cm in wet season and 15X15 cm in dry season.
3. Optimum time of sowing - 1st to 2nd week of December in dry season and 1st- 2nd week of June in wet season.
4. Use manual/ bullock drawn seed drill for small areas, while tractor drawn seed drill for larger areas.
5. Apply well decomposed FYM within furrows during sowing.
6. Soon after sowing
Apo, Sahabhagi dhan, Annada - grain yield- 4.5-5.0 t/ha.