Basal Dose of Fertilizer Management
1. Apply 1ton of fully decomposed FYM or compost to 20 cents nursery and spread the manure uniformly on dry soil.
2. Basal application of DAP is recommended when the seedlings are to be pulled out in 20-25 days after sowing in less fertile nursery soils.
3. For that situation, before the last puddling, apply 40 kg of DAP and if not readily available, apply straight fertilizers 16 kg of Urea and 120 kg of Super Phosphate.
1. Apply any one of the pre-emergence herbicides viz., Pretilachlor + Safener 0.3 kg/ha, on 3rd or 4th day after sowing to control weeds in the lowland nursery.
2. Keep a thin film of water and allow it to disappear. Avoid drainage of water. This will control germinating weeds.