PrintSend to friend
1. Rice is cultivated in kharif season under irrigated situation only.
2. The dakar lands are low lying and heavy in texture whereas dabar lands are uplands and light to medium in texture.
3. Haryana is one of the high productive states of the country. The rice productivity of the state is 3.2 t/ha during the year 2006-07.
4. The state had witnessed a productivity as high as 2.6 t/ha in early 80's.
5. The area under rice has increased over a period of four decades (1966-67 to 2006-07) and stabilized at around 1.04 million hectare.
CCS HAU Rice Research Station, Kaul