Name: Organic Certification
Benefits offered: Organic Certification is carried out in accordance with National Programme for Organic production norms / ISO 65. Organic Certification involves:
1) Receipt and scrutiny of application.
2) Field Inspections
3) Supervision at post harvest stages.
4) Seed sampling and analysis
5) Grant of certificate
Eligibility: Any person desired to produce Organic product can do so by registering himself with Department of Organic Certifica
Name: Seed Production/Seed Certification/ Seed quality control/ Training
Benefits Offered: The Certified seed production techniques and seed quality control legislation trainings are conducted as detailed below:
1) Training to the Government Seed producers
2) Training to the private seed producers.
3) Training to the seed dealers.
Eligibility: Any person desired to get trained in the seed production techniques/seed quality control can participate in the training. No fee n
Name: Seed Testing
Benefits Offered: The seed samples are tested for its quality and results are communicated on its:
1. Physical Purity
4. Seed health
5. Free from other distinguishable varieties.
Eligibility: Any person desired to test the seed can do so by sending a seed sample to the notified seed testing laboratory of the Department of seed certification. Testing fee Rs.30 per sample .
Officer to be approached: Concerned Seed Test
Name: Seed Quality Control
1. Seed selling licenses are issued.
2. The Seed selling points are inspected periodically and samples are drawn for quality check.
3. Complaints on poor quality seeds are processed.
4. Legal actions are taken against defaulters.
Eligibility: Any person desired to sell seeds can do so by obtaining a license from the concerned Deputy Director of Seed Inspection. License fee Rs.50/- selling points. (Valid for 3 years) Renewal f