3) Rice-water melon
4) Rice -bhindi
5) Rice - cucumber
6) Rice - sesamum / mung bean
7) Rice – jute
1. Fertilizer management :
application of 5 t fym/ha along with chemical fertilizer at n: p2o5: k2o - 40:20:20( for direct seeded crop) in furrows.
2. Weed management:
Off-season tillage/summer ploughing,
Application of butachlor @ 2 kg and thiobencarb @ 2 kg a.i./ha at first shower after seeding
1. Seedling root dipping in chloropyriphos for controlling rice whorl maggot and stem borer
2. Direct seeding during second fortnight of may, using 400 seeds/m2 .
3. ( 80 - 100 kg/ha)
4. Row seeding 20 x 15 cm with hill placement or continuous line sowing.
5. Planting with clonal tillers (50 days) is superior to nursery seedling
• Gayatri , sarala , sonamani, pooja, cr 580-5,
• Direct seeding : sudha, janaki , vaidehi
• Boro rice : gautam
1. RICE - GROUNDNUT (CV. ICGS 44, AK 12-24)
2. RICE - SUNFLOWER (CV. KBSH 1. PSCL 5015)
3. RICE - CASTOR (CV. DCS 9, DSH 30)
4. RICE - BHINDI/ CUCUMBER
5. RICE - RICE/WHEAT/ MAIZE
6. RICE - CHICK PEA (IN MADHYA PRADESH)
7. AHU RICE - SALI RICE -PEA/ TOMATO/ CABBAGE
• Butachlor or anilofos @ 2.0 and 1.0 kg a.i./ha
• Beushening or running cono weeder in between
rows (for direct seeded rice)
• Pheromon trap for controlling stem borer, leaf folder
• 60:40:40 kg n, p2o5 and k2o/ha
• 50:50 organic-inorganic combination for better sustainability
• modified urea materials like rock phosphate coated or nimin
coated @ 60 kg n/ha
• apply 20-25 kg znso4/ha in the field (in zinc deficient soil)
1. Seeding in rows using 10% more seeds
2. Beushening in between rows using narrow plough or conoweeder.
Seedling treatment :
3. Seedling root dipping in chloropyriphos before planting for controlling rice whorl maggot, stem borer etc. (in case of transplanted crop)
4. In case of direct seeding sowing must be completed before rajo(1st fortnight of june)
5. Planting in july, 20x15 cm spacing (in case of transplanted rice)
1. Lower seedling density in nursery using only 40 gm seed/m2 to produce thick, healthy seedlings(40 to 50 kg /ha).
2. Correcting zinc deficiency and adding 50% more p and k in the nursery then recommended.
3. Row seeding, preferably dibbling, 20x15 cm behind plough or seed-drill.
4. Seeding time first fortnight of june for alluvial soils & second fortnight of june for laterites.
Varieties suitable for Shallow deep water situation :
Transplanted :- ranjit , bhadur (for assam), rajshree, vaidehi, direct seeded (forbihar), mahamaya, shamla (for madhya pradesh) ,purnima ,moti, padmini, tapaswini, chandrama, swarna jal-lahri.