PrintSend to friend
•Poor stand and establishment, lack of growth and tillering.
• Unhealthy and sickly appearance of crop at 3-4 weeks after transplantion even after receipt of adequate quantities of N,P and K fer tilizers
• Basal mid rib bleaching of 3rd / 4th leaf from top at about 2-4 weeks after transplantion.
• Dark brown rusty spots on the upper par t near the tips of older and mature leaves.
• Application of zinc sulphate @ 20 kg/ac at puddling is suggested as a prophylactic measure in Zinc deﬁcient endemic soils
• Deﬁciency in the standing crop can be corrected by spraying zinc sulphate @
0.2% (2 g/L of water). The spraying should be repeated at 5 days interval depending on the severity of the problem
• Zinc sulphate solution should not be mixed with any insecticide / fungicide