PrintSend to friend
1. Common name - Yellow hairy caterpillar .
2. Scientific name - Psalis pennatula .
3. Vernacular name - Manchal kambalipuzhu ( மஞ்சள கம்பளிப்புழு ).
Symptoms of damage of Yellow hairy caterpillar:
• Caterpillar causes defoliation.
Identification of Yellow hairy caterpillar:
• Caterpillar is yellowish brown with red stripes.
• Orange head and tufts of hairs all over the body.
• Pupa - pale white cocoon of silk and frass attached to the leaf.
• Adult - Moth is stout with straw coloured forewings.
Management of Yellow hairy caterpillar:
• Spray endosulfan 35 EC 1000 ml / ha or monocrotophos 36 WSC 500 ml / ha