PrintSend to friend
Nature of Damage of Whorl maggot :
1. Yellow spots, transparent streaks and pin holes are the other symptoms found on leaves. Neonate maggots feed on the unopened central leaves.
2. Under severe infestation many broken or bent leaves willappear resulting in poor growth and reduced tillering.
Management of Whorl maggot:
• Application of carbofuron granules in the nursery 5-7 days before pulling of seedlings will protect the crop until 20DAT.
• If severe infestation is observed after 25 DAT spray monocrotophos 36 WSC @ 850 ml ha-1 or chlorpyriphos 20 EC @ 1500 ml ha-1.
• High volume or low volume sprayers can be used to apply the insecticides.