PrintSend to friend
1. A seed strictly speaking is an embryo, a living organism embedded in the supporting or the food storage tissue and seed coat.
2. Seed is a basic and crucial input to increase crop yield per unit area without which all other inputs and operations carried out will become waste.
What is Seed Quality:
1. A grain to be a seed it should have liveliness. The seed to be a quality produce and it should have seed quality characters (as below).
2. Only quality seed can reproduce well and preserve the future generation without any deviation in original characters.
3. Seed quality is the accession of seed with physical and genetic purity and maintenance of physiological and good health status of seed for further multiplication.