PrintSend to friend
• Weed growth should be checked during first four weeks after transplanting (two hand weeding at 20 and 40 days after transplanting).
• Application of Butachlor @ 1.25 l/acre (or) Pretilachlor @ 600 ml (or) Anilophos @ 500 ml /acre by mixing 25 kg of sand when monocot and sedges dominates at 3-5 DAT in thin film of water to control grasses and sedges effectively.
• If Echinocloa is a problem apply Benthiocarb @ 1.25 l/acre.
• To control broad-leaved weeds, apply 2,4 –DEE granules @ 8-10 kg/acre at 3-5 DAT.
• Apply Anilophos @ 400 ml (or) Butachlor @ 800 ml + 2,4 DEE @ 4-5 kg per acre to control grasses, sedges and broad-leaved weeds.
• Application of oxadiargyl @ 35 g/acre by mixing in 500 ml of water and mix with 25 kg sand was also recommended.
• Spray 2,4 D Sodium salt (Fernoxone 80% WP) at 2.5 g /l of water at 20 DAT to control broad-leaved weed if any with 200 litre of spray fluid per acre.