PrintSend to friend
• Proper water management facilitates good tillering, increased nutrient use and reduce weed infestation.
• Maintain shallow depth of water (1-2 cm) at the time of transplanting.
• Increase the water level up to 5 cm depth after transplanting till crop establishment.
• Maintain shallow depth of water ( 2-3 cm) during tillering phase of crop.
• Maintain 5 cm of water during panicle initiation to physiological maturity (10 Days before harvest) of the crop.
• Crop should not face water stress at panicle initiation, flowering and milky stages.