PrintSend to friend
The following steps should be practised for transplanting:
• The main field is to be prepared thoroughly by repeated ploughing followed by puddling and well-levelled after basal fertilization.
• 22-25 (kharif) & 30-35 (boro) days’ old seedlings (4-leaf stage) are to be transplanted using 1-2 seedlings hill-1 .
• The spacing between seedlings should be 20 cm x 10 cm or 15 cm x 15 cm spacing.
• About 2-3 cm depth should be maintained to ensure a plant population of 40-50 hills sqm.-1 area.
• SRI method can also be followed.