PrintSend to friend
1. The production potential and cost effectiveness of the biofertilizers can be demonstrated to the rice farmers in a convincing way so as to disseminate the technology at a faster rate. In this aspect, the block level compact frontline demonstrations can be taken up in the entire major rice growing ecosystem.
2. The All India Radio, Dooradarshan and private television channels can come forward to broadcast and telecast the talk and presentations of biofertilizers experts in local languages to reach the wider audience.
3. The popular agriculture journals can publish the technological components and utility of biofertilizer and distribute it to the rice farmers.
4. The Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) and Farmers Training Centres (FTCs) located in the major rice growing ecosystem can take up the work of conducting demonstrations and train the farmers in biofertilizer production and utilization.
5. To reach the farmers 15-20 minutes duration of video films on 'Role of Biofertilizers in Rice cultivation' can be produced covering on all aspects and it can be telecasted through farm television also video shows to the farming community.
6. Leaflets, Pamphlets and small bulletins on biofertilizers with appropriate illustrations and pictures can be printed and distributed to the farmers.
7. The extension officials and subject matter specialists working in intensive rice growing areas can be trained on biofertilizer production and transfer technology, so that in turn they can train the farmers to facilitate to percolate the technology at the end users level.
8. Farmer's day, kisan mela. Kisna gosthi, agricultural exhibitions and farmers' fairs can be utilized to popularize the technology.
9. Off campus training can be organized by regional rice research stations, Biofertilizer production centers and ICAR institutes to train both the extension officials and the farmers to disseminate the technology.
10. Reputed NGOs working on the intensive rice growing areas can be empowered to produce and distribute the biofertilizers of the standardized quality to the small and marginal farmers who otherwise can't afford to cultivate the same on their own.
11. Self-helf groups can be encouraged to take up the business related to production and distribution of biofertilizer at the village level.
12. To reach the wider clientele, agricultural extension department of all state government can utilize modern ICT tools to disseminate the technology.
13. Collaboration with regional Rice Research Station (RRS) and ICAR institutes will help to promote the technology.
14. Since the technology development and dissemination fields, the public private sector partnership is making rapid progress the government should spell out nature of relationship between this two sectors related to the popularization of biofertilizers.
15. Distribution of free samples can be made to the farmers on trial basis so that if they are convinced they will come forward to adopt the technology in future.
16. The unemployed agriculture graduates should be encouraged to take up the manufacturing of biofertilizers and its distribution to the rice farmers on commercial basis. Subsidized loan amount, license, godown and other required facilities should be provided to them.
17. It should be made mandatory to the nationalized banks to lend loan to the fertilizer dealers to do the business of biofertilizers to the rice farmers.