PrintSend to friend
Casual Organism: Saracladium Oryzae
- The Diseases affects at booting stage.
- The uppermost leaf sheath enclosing the young panicle shows oblong or irregular spots with grey centre and brown margin.
- The boot leaf becomes brownish black and rotten.
- The grains ill filled and discoloured.
- The disease spreads through airborne conidia.
- Closer planting high humidity and low temp. (25-30 C), injuries caused by earhead bug and mealy bugs, predispose the plants to infection.
- Application of gypsum @ 500 Kg/ha basally or in two equal splits (basal and tillering stage).
- Spray Bavistin @ 500 gm or Endofil –M 45 @ 2.5 Kg /ha, Dimecron or Metasystox along with Edifenphos @ 500 ml or Carbendazim @ 250 gm or Mancozeb @ 1 Kg/ha at boot leaf stage.