PrintSend to friend
Casual Organism: Rhizoctonia Solani
- The disease affects at tillering stage.
- The infection starts in the form elliptical or oval greenish grey spots appearing on the leaf sheaths near the water level.
- These enlarge as irregular, elongated spots with white centre brown margin and progressively spread upwards on stem and leaves.
- The entire plant is blighted and dries up.
- A dry spell followed by shower, high relative humidity, closer planting, excess N application favors to spread the disease.
- Grow resistant varieties like Rajendra Dhan 201, IR 36, IR 20, Saket, Prabhat, Turant Dhan, Raj Shree etc.
- Seed treatment with Carbendazim @ 2 gm/Kg of seed.
- Adequate drainage facilities to be provided.
- Spray Streptocyclin 250 gm and Blitox 50 E.C. @ 2.5 Kg in 1000 lit. of water 3 times at 10-15 days interval, Endofil –M 45 @ 3 gm/ lit. of water.