PrintSend to friend
Causal organism: Thanatephorus cucumeris
1. initial infection occur on the stem near the water lime and appear as water soaked oval lesion which often dries and turns tan.
2. All the plant parts are susceptible to infection except roots. Sheath tends to develop in circular areas in the field and cause what are called bird nests.
3. It starts as white bean like structures that turn dark brown to black
1. Fungiside applications are typically applied from panicle differentiation to heading . the boot 2-4 inch in the flag leaf sheath is effective timing.
2. Avoid excessive plant stands.
3. Donot over fertilize with the nitrogen.
4. Avoid late planting