PrintSend to friend
Introduction to Rice Yellow Mottle
1. Rice yellow mottle virus was reported first in Kenya.
2. This disease is also reported from Liberia, Sierra leone and Tanzania.
3. Infection even at a late stage of growth results in significant yield loss and in severe cases the effected plant may die.
Symptoms of Rice Yellow Mottle
1. The virus causes a yellow or orange leaf discoloration, stunting and sterility in rice.
2. Infected rice plants are found first near the bunds but soon thereafter whole fields may be affected.
Predisposing factors of Rice Yellow Mottle
1. Factors which favour the development of Rice yellow mottle viral disease are presence of vectors.