PrintSend to friend
Rice Bunchy Stunt
1. Rice Bunchy Stunt disease was first reported in Fujian, China in 1978. It has been reported in Fujian, Guandong, Guanxi, Hubei, Human, Jaingxi and China.
2. Rice Bunchy Stunt virus particles are polyhydral about 60.3nm in diameter.
3. Rice Bunchy Stunt virus can be purified from infected rice leaves by maceration in phosphate buffer.
4. Purified virus suspension shows maximum adsorption at 260nm and minimum at 240nm.
Rice Bunchy Stunt Virus
1. Rice is the only known crop effected host Rice Bunchy Stunt virus.
2. Rice Bunchy Stunt virus has 12 segments of ds-DNA.
3. Molecular mass of these segments are 2.70, 2.30, 1.90, 1.70, 1.68, 1.50, 1.38, 1.20, 1.10 , 0.60 ,0.35 and 0.25X106 daltons.
4. RNA content in particles is 17.5%