PrintSend to friend
1. Any rice cultivar that restores fertility in the F1 when it is crossed to a CMS line is called a restorer.
2. The restorer is also called the pollen parent, the male parent, or the R line.
3. The R line is used as the pollinator for the CMS parent for hybrid seed production.
4. Growth duration may or may not be similar to that of CMS lines.
5. Panicles exsert fully out of the flag leaves.
6. Anthers are yellow, plumps, and shed pollen. Flowering lasts for about 5 days.
Agro Techniques for Hybrid Rice Cultivation and Seed Production - 2005, DRR Training Manual