PrintSend to friend
Ploughing: 2-3 ploughings are essential after harvesting of kharif crop.
Sowing time of nursery: 15th Dec to 15th Jan
Seed rate: 60-75 Kg/ha
Lehi method : first week of Febaruary
Seed rate : 100 Kg/ha
Method of Raising Nursery
Seed is kept in wetted jute bag with lukewarm water for 24 hrs. then seed is sprayed and covered with paddy straw for 48 to 72 hours and lukewarm water is spread whenever needed. Sprouted seeds are broadcasted in well prepared and drained field after application of recommended basal fertilizer dose.
• For raising seedling one cart FYM is applied in 100 Sq. mt. field before
• Field is well ploughed and puddle and sprouted seeds are used for sowing.
• Maintaining the sufficient level of moisture in field after sowing.
• Field is prepared well by ploughing followed by puddling
• 10t/ha FYM may be incorporated in the soil to obtain high yield potential.
• 40-50 day old seedlings to be transplanted in 20 X 10 cms using 3-4 Plants/hill.
• The depth of planting should not exceed more than 3 to 4 cm.
120 Kg N/ha; 60 Kg P2O5/ha; 40 kg K2O/ha
Method of Application
• The 50% of nitrogen and whole quantity of phosphorus and Potash should be applied as basal dose.
• The remaining nitrogen should be applied in two splits i.e at active tillering stage and panicle initiation stage.
Insect and diseases control:
although insect and disease occurance during summer season is lower than that of paddy Kharif season. However, the plant protection measures should be adopted on need based basis.
The other cultural practices may be adopted similar as recommended for Kharif rice.