PrintSend to friend
1. A maintainer line is similar to a CMS line except that it has viable pollen grains and normal seed setting.
2. The maintainer line is used as a pollinator for maintaining a CMS line.
3. The maintainer is also called the B line.
4. The B line cannot restore fertility to the F1 generation when it is crossed with a CMS line.
5. Panicles exert fully out of the flag leaves. Anthers are yellow, plump, and shed pollen.
6. The B line flowers 2-3 days earlier than the CMS line. Flowering lasts for about 5 days.
Agro Techniques for Hybrid Rice Cultivation and Seed Production - 2005, DRR Training Manual