PrintSend to friend
Harvesting of the crop in the field followed by threshing:
• Water is to be drained out from the field when grains in the lowest portion of the panicle are in the dough stage (about 20 days from 50% flowering).
• The grains are to be allowed to harden.
• Harvesting is to be done at 30-35 days after flowering when stalks still remain green to avoid grain shedding.
• Moisture content of paddy should be 20-24% at harvest.
• Threshing is to be done as early as possible preferably a day after harvest.
• Drying is to be gradually done under shade until the moisture content is brought down to 12-14%, which ensures better milling quality and storage.