PrintSend to friend
Chemical control of rice blast disease at flowering and after flowering:
1. A susceptible variety is grown in the field.
2. The crop has excessive growth and a dense canopy.
3. Leaf symptoms have been found in the field.
4. Disease is present in southern parts of the field.
5. Cool, rainy, or cloudy weather with high humidity and heavy dews is predicted during heading.
6. The development of this disease is difficult to predict, and fungicide treatments are expensive. Therefore, you should treat on the basis of the above factors or automatically treat the field with a fungicide if you are unwilling to risk disease damage.