PrintSend to friend
Dwarf disease Introduction:
1. In 1983 the dwarf disease was first reported from Japan.
2. The leaf hopper will transmit the disease.
3. The transmition of the virus was reported through the eggs of the vectors.
4. This disease is known to occur in most parts of Japan, Korea and China.
Predisposing factors of Dwarf Disease
Factors favoring the development of Dwarf disease of Rice
1. Presence of vectors like Nephotetix cincticeps and Recilia dorsalis.
2. Young nymphs of first and second instar seem to be more efficient in transmitting the disease.
“RICE” written by Jata S. Nanda and P awan K. Agarwal. Kalyani Publishers, Pa ge No.214.