PrintSend to friend
Desirable characteristics of CMS line are
1. High seed yields depend on desirable panicle, floret, and stigma characteristics of the CMS line.
2. The panicle should be exserted fully from the flag leaf as far as possible.
3. There should be at least 100 spikelets per panicle.
4. The floret should open wide and remain open for at least 45 minutes or longer.
5. Blooming florets should have well exserted stigmas.
6. Stigmas should be receptive to pollination for 5 to 7 days.
Agro Techniques for Hybrid Rice Cultivation and Seed Production - 2005, DRR Training Manual