PrintSend to friend
The Chlorotic streak disease was first reported from Cuttack, India in 1978 (Anjaneyulu et al.,1980)
1. Stunting, striping or mottling of newly emerging leaves and Chlorotic streaking,
2. The spikelets get discolored and become sterile
Symptoms of Chlorotic Streak Disease
The symptoms of Chlorotic streak are:
1. Stunting, striping or mottling of newly emerging leaves and Chlorotic streaking.
2. The spikelets get discolored and become sterile.
3. The other symptoms observed are twisting, crinkling, wavy margins, raised blister, tearing, rough surfaces and dark green leaves are also expressed as symptoms of disease attack.
4. There is swelling and irregular growth of the veins.
Predisposing factors of Chlorotic Streak Disease
1. Factors which development of Chlorotic streak virus are presence of vector.
Transmission of Rice chlorotic streak viral disease
1. The rice mealy bug Brevennia rehi transmits the disease in a non-persistent manner.
2. The incubation in the host plant is 7-15 days and the minimum incubation feeding period is 5 minutes.
Control Measures of Chlorotic Streak Disease
1. Resistant varieties of Rice alone are not permitting the virus to invade through vectors.
RICE” written by Jata S. Nanda and Pawan K. Agarwal.2006. Kalyani Publishers, p No.216