PrintSend to friend
Causal organism: Helminthosporium oryzae
1. Many dark brown elliptical spots on leaves; infects coleoptiles of seedling and causes blightining; infected kernel shriveled.
1. Seed treatment before sowing with carbandazim (2.5g/kg).
2. Treatment with fungicide like mancozeb 0.25% or Adinophos 0.1%.
3. Spray hinosan 0.1%in 12 -15 days interval for 3-4 times in standing crop or spray blitox 50 @0.3%.
4. Use resistant varities like Indira Sugandhit Dhan-1.
5. Well leveled the land and use balanced fertilizer soil.