PrintSend to friend
Biological Control of Rice Gundhi Bug
- A number of natural enemies including parasites and predators are known to attack the rice bug at various stages.
- Small scelionid wasps Gryon nixoni (Masner) parasitize the eggs of Leptocorisa spp.
- Several species of parasitic wasps attack stink bugs.
- The meadow grasshopper Conocephalus longipennis (Haan) preys on rice bug eggs; several species of spiders, e.g., Neoscona theisi, (Walckenaer), Argiope catenulate, (Doleschall), and Tetragnatha javana, (Thorell) prey on nymphs and adults.
- Beauveria bassiana (Balsamo) Vuillemin, a fungus, attacks both nymphs and adults.
- The assassin bug Nabis stenoferus Hsiao is a common natural enemy of stink bug.
Insect Pests of Rice by M. D. Pathak and Z. R. Khan