PrintSend to friend
Nature Of Damage of Armyworm:
1. Damage is caused by larvae feeding on leaves from edges, leaving only the midrib and stems.
2. In severe infestation, entire seed beds and fields are destroyed and appears r as if it has been grazed by animals.
Control of Armyworm:
1. Armyworms are held in check by egg and larval parasites. When these parasites fail, usually because of drought, armyworms become epidemic.
2. Parasitoids such as Trichogrammatids, Scelionids, tachinids, ichneumonids, eulophids, chalcids, and braconid wasps parasitize this pest.
3. Ants, birds and toads feed on the pest. Fungal diseases and a nuclear polyhedrosis virus also infect the larvae.