PrintSend to friend
1. Wide choice of parental lines hence increased chances of identifying heterotic hybrids.
2. Seed Production system is simpler and more efficient.
3. Risk of outbreak of epidemics associated with large scale use of unitary source of cytoplasm as well as the negative effects of sterility inducing cytoplasm are avoided altogether.
4. In Rice, two-line system is specifically useful for developing hybrids in Basmati and Japonica type.
5. Magnitude of heterosis in two-line hybrids is 5 to 10% higher than in three line hybrids.
Agro Techniques for Hybrid Rice Cultivation and Seed Production - 2005, DRR Training Manual