Predisposing Factors of Bacterial Leaf Streak
Factors which favor the development of Bacterial Leaf Streak of rice.
1. Strong winds, heavy rains, and deep water.
2. High temperature and humidity.
3. Presence of the bacteria on leaves and in water.
4. Sources of inoculum (volunteer plants, infected straws, weeds, etc.).
5. High amount of fertilizer application (excessive use of N).
6. Poor handling during transplanting (wounded leaves).
7. Closer plant spacing (high frequency of tissue contacts among plants).
http://www.knowledgebank.irri.org/ricedoctor /index.php?option=com_content&view=arti cle&id=554&Itemid=2759