• 60 kg n, 30 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during kharif season rabi - 80-90 kg n, 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during dry season
• Kasturi, ranbir basmati and iet 8579(gitanjali, pusa basmati 1, pusa sugandh 2, pusa sugandh 4, ketakijoha)
• Ensure 33 -50 hills/m2. July planting in kharif (wet) and january /february in rabi(dry). Transplanting 27% superior to direct seeding.
1. Rice-groundnut(r 8808,icgs11,drg12,npg22),
2. Rice-mustard(pusa bold, m27, tlc2 and toria)
3. Rice - bhindi( hybrids)
4. Rice - cucumber ( hybrids)
5. Rice - watermelon ( sugar baby)
6. Rice - wheat
7. Rice - maize
8. Rice - sweet potato
9. Rice - potato - sesamum
Fertilizer management :
• Kharif - 60-75 kg n/ha in 50:50 (fym : urea) was comparable to three splits of prilled urea along with 40 kg each of p2o5 and k2o/ha
• Rabi - 90-100 kg n with 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha application of n in three splits ( 50%basal, 25% at active tillering and the rest 25% at panicle initiation)
Weed management :
• Pre-emergence application of butachlor (1kg ai./ha),thiobencarb(1 kg ai /ha) pretilachlor+ safner at 0.4 kg a.i./ha anilofos at 0.6 kg a.i./ha
• Kharif - Gayatri, Savitri,Dharitri
• Rabi - Annada, ratna, ir 36, udaya, cr 749-20-2, gautam.
Stand establishment ( planting):
• Kharif - july with 20 x 15 cm spacing
• Rabi - january with 15 x10 cm spacing
1. Rice +sesamum / mungbean
2. Rice + jute
3. Rice - lentil(at utera) with 50% higher seed rate than normal for lentil
4. Rice + fodder maize- linseed
5. Rice +fish (provided fish can be closed)
6. Sugarcane may also be profitably grown using cos 8118 variety in place of rice
Jaladhi-1, jaladhi -2, jalnidhi , jalmagna , jalpriya ,barh awarodhi , sudha, janaki , vaidehi(for bihar)
Stand establishment :
• Direct seeding during second fortnight of may in orissa but in march itself in other parts like bihar and assam, at 20 cm row spacing with a seed rate of 80 - 100 kg/ha (400-600 seedling/m2)
Fertilizer Management: 40 Kg N/Ha All Basal
1. Furrow placement of all the npk with fym (5 t/ha) at sowing proved the best
(40: 20:20 kg n: p2o5:k2o/ha).
2. Foliage pruning
3. To prevent lodging and fodder supply.
4. Once at 80-95 or 110-125 days after germination in variety cn 573-321-7-1
• Nalini,matangini, panidhan , lunishree
Stand establishment :
• Sowing during second fortnight of may using 400
seeds/m2 (80 kg/ha)
• Planting with clonal tillers/ aged seedlings
Weed control :
• Removal of wild rice ipomoea raptance (kalam) and gadgad, manually.
• Off-season tillage/summer ploughing,
• Application of butachlor @ 2 kg and thiobencarb @ 2 kg a.i./ha at first shower after seeding.
3) Rice-water melon
4) Rice -bhindi
5) Rice - cucumber
6) Rice - sesamum / mung bean
7) Rice – jute
1. Fertilizer management :
application of 5 t fym/ha along with chemical fertilizer at n: p2o5: k2o - 40:20:20( for direct seeded crop) in furrows.
2. Weed management:
Off-season tillage/summer ploughing,
Application of butachlor @ 2 kg and thiobencarb @ 2 kg a.i./ha at first shower after seeding
1. Seedling root dipping in chloropyriphos for controlling rice whorl maggot and stem borer
2. Direct seeding during second fortnight of may, using 400 seeds/m2 .
3. ( 80 - 100 kg/ha)
4. Row seeding 20 x 15 cm with hill placement or continuous line sowing.
5. Planting with clonal tillers (50 days) is superior to nursery seedling
• Gayatri , sarala , sonamani, pooja, cr 580-5,
• Direct seeding : sudha, janaki , vaidehi
• Boro rice : gautam
1. RICE - GROUNDNUT (CV. ICGS 44, AK 12-24)
2. RICE - SUNFLOWER (CV. KBSH 1. PSCL 5015)
3. RICE - CASTOR (CV. DCS 9, DSH 30)
4. RICE - BHINDI/ CUCUMBER
5. RICE - RICE/WHEAT/ MAIZE
6. RICE - CHICK PEA (IN MADHYA PRADESH)
7. AHU RICE - SALI RICE -PEA/ TOMATO/ CABBAGE
• Butachlor or anilofos @ 2.0 and 1.0 kg a.i./ha
• Beushening or running cono weeder in between
rows (for direct seeded rice)
• Pheromon trap for controlling stem borer, leaf folder
• 60:40:40 kg n, p2o5 and k2o/ha
• 50:50 organic-inorganic combination for better sustainability
• modified urea materials like rock phosphate coated or nimin
coated @ 60 kg n/ha
• apply 20-25 kg znso4/ha in the field (in zinc deficient soil)
1. Seeding in rows using 10% more seeds
2. Beushening in between rows using narrow plough or conoweeder.
Seedling treatment :
3. Seedling root dipping in chloropyriphos before planting for controlling rice whorl maggot, stem borer etc. (in case of transplanted crop)
4. In case of direct seeding sowing must be completed before rajo(1st fortnight of june)
5. Planting in july, 20x15 cm spacing (in case of transplanted rice)
1. Lower seedling density in nursery using only 40 gm seed/m2 to produce thick, healthy seedlings(40 to 50 kg /ha).
2. Correcting zinc deficiency and adding 50% more p and k in the nursery then recommended.
3. Row seeding, preferably dibbling, 20x15 cm behind plough or seed-drill.
4. Seeding time first fortnight of june for alluvial soils & second fortnight of june for laterites.
Varieties suitable for Shallow deep water situation :
Transplanted :- ranjit , bhadur (for assam), rajshree, vaidehi, direct seeded (forbihar), mahamaya, shamla (for madhya pradesh) ,purnima ,moti, padmini, tapaswini, chandrama, swarna jal-lahri.
Rainfed Lowland Ecologies in Orissa are categorized into
I. Shallow Deep Water Situation ( 0-30 CM)
II. Intermediate deep water situation (0-50 CM)
III. Semi-Deep Water Situation ( 0-100 CM)
IV. Deep Water Situation (>100 CM)